The International Untergangers' Day is a holiday proposed to pay honour to Downfall parodists and their work. It is celebrated on 8th September.
Smell of the Ice proposed an idea of a special day left to celebrate Unterganging in his parody Hitler proposes the International Untergangers' Day and opened a debate to set a firm date. There were a few suggestions taken into consideration:
- 20th April - Hitler's birthday,
- 30th April - Hitler's deathday,
- 8th May - VE day,
- 7th June - the day Hitler gets banned from Xbox Live was uploaded,
- 10th August - the day Sim Heil was uploaded,
- 8th September - the premiere of Downfall in Germany.
The first International Untergangers Day came on 8 September 2012, but only notoriousrob01 uploaded a parody on it for that year. The holiday also passed by in 2013 without much attention. On September 8th, 2018, ParrotAntics uploaded a video celebrating this day , yet he made a misspeling in the date, where he typed "September 7th" instead of "8th".